Tuesday, August 25, 2026

I Went Looking for the Bullshit. I Found Hakeem Jeffries. The Fractured Line Aug 24, 2026

 https://nicholasjorcutt.substack.com/p/i-went-looking-for-the-bullshit-i

~~ recommended by newestbeginning ~~




Sometimes I worry that I am covering things far more partisan than I try to be. Don’t mistake me, Fuck Trump and everything he stands for. I don’t want to confuse anyone into thinking that I am trying to apologize for covering the corruption and manipulation that he has been doing and causing.

I just want to make sure I don’t have a blind spot and seem like I give a pass to democrats. Nothing could be further from the truth in actuality. I expect the MAGA movement and Trump to lie. I expect it so much that when I am doing research on something, I genuinely assume anything he is saying is the exact opposite from the truth.

I also trust that the republican party will spend an insane amount of money to ensure that the rich stay rich. They have no interest at all in allowing anyone other than the rich succeed. They don’t lie about it. They have always been clear that their priority is making sure wealth stays at the top. In fact, they base their entire economic model off of the plan to keep wealth at the top.

Unlike republicans, the democrats are the ones I watch like a hawk. They are the ones who will lie, lie about lying, and then once they are caught say it was a misunderstanding. They are the ones who push for the exact same policies and beliefs as the republicans, but they do it while promising to make this country equal and fair.

If anything, I think it is fair to say that I’m not the only one who has caught onto the grift by the establishment democrats and the bullshit they continue to try to pull on the American people. I think the recent success by the DSA proves that people are starting to wake up to the lies that have been being told.

Now it should surprise no one that I’m a huge fan of Mamdani. I think he may be the most revolutionary politician I’ve ever seen in my life. He didn’t get into office and start making promises that eventually he would do the work the people voted for him to do. He just did it.

In fact, it is so unheard of that people have a hard time understanding how much he has actually done for the city of New York. When I say that someone posts a video of a pothole and tags Mayor Mamdani, only to come home 10 hours later and find the pothole filled in and fixed, that seems unreal.

Even if you like your elected officials and believe they are trying to make things better for you, there is no world where you would think you could tag them in a picture and the exact same day that problem would be taken care of. I don’t care what political party you are with, that is someone living up to what it means to serve his community.

Now just because I like Mamdani doesn’t mean that everyone does. In fact, the richest in the country really fucking hate this dude. Not only do they hate him, they are terrified that people he endorses are going to end up winning. They are terrified of more Mayor Mamdani’s taking power. Consider this. NYC is the biggest city in the United States, and the mayor is fixing problems the moment he finds out about them. Think about what that man would do if he was put in power of the state, or the country.

Oligarchs are terrified that it will show the American people that there are politicians out there that will listen and help them. When I say terrified, I can prove it. Against all progressive or DSA candidates to run in 2026, there has been $180 million spent against them.

That includes the money spent during primaries. Which in itself is insane on the very concept. Everyone I have ever known that is democrat has been as opposed to corporate money and super PACs. In fact, I’ve never met someone who votes democrat to proclaim that they want to vote for the candidate that is supported by the most amount of money. I know when Kamala raised a record amount of money, democrats became uneasy. They know money doesn’t belong in politics.

Now I’ve always said the corporate democrats are republicans wearing blue ties. It seems that Hakeem Jeffries wanted to prove me right recently. Unfortunately for him, he was caught red handed with his hand in the cookie jar. Let me explain, because it isn’t what everyone else reporting on this saw.

In recent weeks, Hakeem Jeffries met privately with Jared Kushner in NYC. They met to discuss immigration and the high cost of living, seeking areas of “common ground.” Most places are talking about how Jared Kushner isn’t a private citizen anymore. Trump named him Special Envoy for Peace on February 19, 2026, at the inaugural “Board of Peace” meeting, which formalized his role and triggered a 30-day public financial disclosure requirement.

Why would the Special Envoy for Peace be meeting with Hakeem Jeffries to talk about the rent? That’s what most people are asking.

Instead of asking why, I looked at what. Here is the trick with understanding politics. You can find financial disclosures on most of them with a few clicks of a mouse. Especially when they are House Minority Leader.

Kushner has only one goal in his life. Ensure he stays rich and ensure the Trump family stays rich. He has actually done a hell of a job manipulating the world economy and markets to do his job. He has also done it while staying under the radar and avoiding most of the blowback. He’s a piece of shit, but he is a talented and skilled piece of shit.

Remember that Jared Kushner has spent this second Trump term ensuring financial gains and being responsible for more than half of the wealth growth of PRESIDENT trump. Yes, I emphasized that because a President shouldn’t be raising his net worth by billions during his presidency. That is just flaunting your corruption.

The reason I bring this up is because I like to pattern match things. It’s pure autism power running at full capacity. I knew that if I looked, I’d find a pattern. It took me a whole three seconds to figure it out.

The House Majority PAC, whose sole purpose is to “elect Speaker Hakeem Jeffries,” raised roughly $123.6 million for the 2026 cycle as of June 30. Guess who the donors to that PAC are? George M. Marcus, billionaire founder of the Marcus & Millichap real estate firm, Connie Ballmer, and Fred Eychaner. Marcus & Millichap is the country’s dominant apartment-building brokerage. Their entire business is the sale price of rental housing.

Oh, and most importantly, Michael Bloomberg. FEC records show Bloomberg gave $13 million to House Majority PAC between 2023 and 2024, more than any other individual on that list. In 2023-2024 he was the single biggest individual contributor to Democrats nationally, over $60 million.

If you weren’t aware, Bloomberg was the highest spender in an effort to beat Mamdani in the mayoral campaign. He also put $3.5 million into the newly formed super PAC “For Our City,” which is operated by a group of incredibly rich businessmen. These are who are funding Jeffries.

Now what would Jeffries need to talk to Kushner about? It’s not like they have anything in common. Oh wait, I think I heard something about Kushner’s pedophile-in-law having something to do with real estate.

Feel that? That tingle at the back of your neck and the hairs standing up? That’s called your spidey-sense. That means that we found what we are looking for. Except it’s not as surface level as that. That would be far too easy.

Back in 2017, Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump pushed to include something very specific into Trump’s 2017 tax overhaul. It was called Opportunity Zones. It’s a bit complicated so let me try to explain it. Normally when you sell an asset for a profit, you owe capital gains tax on it. Roughly 20% federal plus the 3.8% net investment income tax at the top bracket.

Opportunity Zones let you skip that. Take a realized capital gain, put it into a Qualified Opportunity Fund within 180 days, and the fund invests in property or a business inside a designated census tract.

The easiest way to explain this is like this. If you sell stock with a $5 million gain and owe about $1.19 million. Instead, you roll it into a fund that buys an apartment complex in a “designated” tract. You defer the bill, then shrink it. Ten years later the building is worth $12 million. That $7 million of appreciation is yours, tax-free, forever. Not deferred. Gone.

Now because of the One Big Beautiful Bill, they made that program permanent. Beginning July 1, 2026, governors have 90 days to nominate the new zones, and OZ 2.0 takes effect January 1, 2027. In human speak, that means that the map of tax-free real estate is being drawn right now. This summer. The exact moment they are meeting.

A massive deferred-gain tax event lands eight weeks after Election Day. New disclosure rules kick in at the same moment. Guess who makes up the body that has oversight of the Treasury’s implementation, subpoenas the designation process, and reads those new filings starting in January 2027? The very people Hakeem Jeffries answers to.

While people are sitting there trying to figure out what scheme Trump is trying to get Jared Kushner to enact, they are missing the actual headline. Kushner, the man who wrote the tax break for his own family, sat down with the man who would decide whether anyone ever audits it. Hakeem Jeffries refuses to talk about it and won’t let his staff talk about it either.

I think we have all been tricked into thinking that money is the most dangerous thing to happen to politics. Personally, I think it is a terrible thing but I think the most dangerous thing to happen to politics isn’t the money, it’s that we elect people who allow it to do their job for them.

Oh, just because I like to think of myself like a cut on the roof of your mouth, I did what I could to be as annoying as possible. I called his office. I sent emails. Nothing. I can promise when I hear something back, I’ll make sure that everyone knows.

Until then, I’m just going to assume that instead of lying to me about what happened, he will just hope we forget and people worry more about Kushner than the man that was elected by the people.

Unfortunately for Hakeem Jeffries, I’m from the North. The North remembers.

Stay loud, stay informed, stay dangerous.

-Nicholas J. Orcutt

No comments:

Post a Comment